Thank you so much for your interest in writing for Soul Care Community! Patricia S. Taylor is the site’s managing editor and Benjamin J. Snyder is our Book Review Editor.
The goal of our site is to resource and support anyone who cares for souls. Our target audience includes clinicians in the mental health field to lay ministers and ordinary people who are facing the struggles of life. Our topics range from clinical mental health diagnoses to the means of grace and growing closer to God.
The basic guidelines for our written blog posts are these:
- Target word count for full articles is 800-1200 words. Depending on the article, we will consider slightly shorter or longer articles.
- We have our own formatting style for all articles. Please do not submit work with ALL CAPS or bold font . Emphasis requires italic font only and should be used very sparingly. Use subheadings where appropriate.
- All submissions must be your own work and not be published elsewhere. The steering committee may rarely approve exceptions to this rule.
- Your work will be edited (primarily for grammar and readability). We will contact you regarding any heavy edits, especially those that may involve a change in content or meaning. Note that we often change titles to make the piece receptive and more likely to catch our readers’ attention.
- If we have concerns about the theology or doctrine, we may contact you for clarification.
- Your file name should include your first initial and last name, then your preferred title. (Ex. TaylorP Care of Souls.docx) We prefer for your submission to be in MS Word format (.doc or .docx) or in Google Documents format if possible. You will receive confirmation that I have received your submission within 48 hours and will be notified when your submission has been scheduled for publication. Notification of scheduling typically comes within one month of submission.
- We reserve the right to not publish submissions for any reason (i.e., including doctrine and theology. A submission is not guaranteed to be published).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us! We are here to help you to be the best writer you can be. You can reach us at via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you for your interest! We look forward to working with you!
The Soul Care Community Editing Team prayer.asburyseminary.edu/soul-care
Last updated: July 2018